Thursday, October 2, 2008

Daniel is beautiful on the inside! :o)

Well, here are Daniel's endoscopy pictures from yesterday. When we went to the room to get ready they have written on the whiteboard E.B. I told Daniel I bet you can guess what that is. He said, "Well, those aren't my initials. My initials are D.B." Well, I told him it probably stood for Endoscopy w/ a Biopsy. The lady overheard us and went over and changed it to D.B. because it was SUPPOSED to be his initials. Pretty smart boy!






















After the procedure, the doctor came and showed me the pictures. I took one look at the stomach pictures and asked her if that was normal. She said that THAT picture was the normal one and that it was the other ones she was worried about. She said from looking at those other pictures, she was pretty positive that he had Celiac's Disease, but we will still be waiting on the results when they come in next week. She said the intestines usually have the look of a shag carpet and that it looked like the villi were missing. So, that's why close up it looks more like ripply folds. I guess the villi is what absorbs the nutrition from the food. But it's good to know that they will regenerate themselves on a gluten-free diet. I would have liked to see a picture of a normal upper intestine (the duodenum), but I didn't think to ask that at the time.

There is nothing like real life situations to teach you about your body! But we know that God is in control. People are coming out of the woodwork to share advice and resources with us and I'm thankful for that! So, we know that God is going to help us with whatever we need to do.





2 comments:

Paul said...

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks Mom!

Rebekah said...

That was all very interesting! And just a tad bit gross too. :) It's not every day you get to see the inside of your brother's stomach and intestines. :P