Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sarah's New Recipe!

Sarah usually makes banana bread for us with all the old bananas. When the bananas start taking over the freezer, she is the one that takes care of it. Well, on this particular occasion, she comes to me in the living room and asks me a question. She asks, "What should if I do if I was supposed to add 2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp vanilla, but I added 3 cups of buttermilk and 2 tsp butter flavor instead?" The first thing that came to my mind was, "How did that happen? Those ingredients and measurements are not even close?" I guess she came to the last two ingredients of the banana bread recipe and looked at the last 2 ingredients of the cornbread recipe instead! The only thing I could think of was to try and make pancakes out of it, so that's what we did. Tonight, we had banana pancakes and tortillas with eggs and cheese. It was pretty good but definitely sweet and they didn't need any syrup. Chalk that up for experience for Sarah! Sarah made the "pancake" batter, and Daniel cooked them up on the griddle. He's a cute little chef!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Those pancakes tasted almost just like banana bread! I don't think I'll want to eat banana bread for awhile. :)