Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rain, and more rain!



Yeah! We are praising God for rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. I think we probably had around 2 inches total. (Mark told me we are about 12 inches behind in rainfall.) I could tell that the kids really wanted to go out and play in it. I was going to let them go out and get wet, but it was thundering and lightning, so they had to stay inside and be content with watching instead!



I did have a little escapee that managed a few runs in the rain until I saw her and made sure she came inside.



I was thinking about how refreshing the rain is to all of us and I found this verse:

Hosea 6:3
"Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth."

"He shall come unto us as the rain". I think how the dry ground and plants soak up the welcome rain - Lord, help us to be soaked in your presence. The plants look refreshed instead of wilted - help us to be refreshed by your word and renewed for the day. The wonderful thing is that we don't have to wait for the rain like the plants do - God is readily available to us in His word, His presence is with us whether or not we realize it. Lord, refresh us for each day. Make us fruitful for you with your life-giving rain. Rain over us and soak us with your presence! Just as You send the rain to clean the air around us, clean our hearts and help us to glorify you.

Lord, I need MORE rain!

2 comments:

Paul said...

I hope we get more rain

Anonymous said...

So glad that everyone else so far has been negative. The picture in the lab of all the kids must have been AFTER the blood work. They all looked pretty happy.
We could also use rain in this desert and for our souls.
Good comments.

Love,

Mom