Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unnatural Fear?

Sarah and I spent some time together today running errands. We went out to Miss Carol's mother's place to get some peacock feathers for Lacey Medina's wedding album. But we had to vote on the way there, go to the post office, drop something off for Celeste at the BPRC. We were laughing, because if it wasn't on my list of things to do, I had to write it on the paper and then cross it off. Well, Sarah mentioned that we should go out for lunch before I headed to AZ. I said, "Yeah, we should spend some time together before I die in a plane crash!" Of course, I'm half joking and the other half is seriously how I feel. As I have gotten older, I seem to think more about all the catastrophic scenarios that can happen along the way. I said, "I wonder what would happen if I got on the plane with a parachute on my back?" I mean I don't think anything will happen on this flight, but just in case. I would probably be arrested as a terrorist instead of the worried passenger that I am! But I learned that Rebekah and I are kindred spirits in the worrying department. I remember when we lived in FL, there was a particular bridge that we always had to cross over and I would always practice in my mind what I would do if the bridge were to collapse. I would unlock my seatbelt as the car was falling, then decide which one I would get out first. Of course, at THAT time I had 4 children under the age of 5.

Well back to our errands. After we got our peacock feathers and worrying about what if a mouthy horse would bite Sarah or if Red Cloud would somehow kick her as she steps into the stall, we went to Subway to eat. We met a cute older man that didn't go out to eat very much and he had one tooth on the top in the middle of his mouth. The lady was waiting on 4 of us at a time and she slopped the mayo and mustard in mostly just one place because she was in such a hurry. As she is wrapping it up, I see the mayo and mustard slopping out of the middle and towards the front of the sandwich. Then it was off to Wal-mart to buy butter, lettuce and gum (Although I ended up getting mints!). Then to BCOC to pick up the backpack that Benjamin and Elisabeth had forgotten there the day before. Then to the junkyard to get bolts for our van window that had fallen out. So, Sarah and I got a tour of the junkyard and got to walk all the way to the back of the junkyard to where the vans were where we found a very close model of our club wagon. I refrained from picking up every nut, bolt, screw, and washer that I saw like Jim has taught me. I did pick up one bolt! We went back to the shop and waited for our parts. He told me they would be $10, but I said how about $5, and he said that would be fine. Jim told me I did good when we got home, that I had brains and beauty all wrapped up into one! Sarah and I had a good time while we were out and then it was on to the packing for my trip.

I did realize one thing just now - I don't really worry about John being carried off by a coyote! But I don't know why?

No comments: