Saturday, October 2, 2010

A new blog after 5 months!



Wow, I haven't blogged in so long I had to hunt up my login and password and then figure out how to put a post on here again! Pretty sad!

I have missed blogging a lot. I have recently begun to listen to more music and I heard this song on the radio that just made me cry today. I'm at the gas station filling up with gas with red teary eyes!

Who am I? by Casting Crowns
(words are not in order)

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.

Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.

Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

Whom shall I fear,
Whom shall I fear,
I am yours,
I am yours!

I remember when I was coming back from Houston to be with Sarah after she broke her leg, I kept passing all these broken down old barns and it just made me think how much I am like those buildings. I think I look pretty spiffy, but on the inside I am so broken and in need of repair. I think I put my trust in the Lord until something comes along and shakes my trust and I give in to fear. You know how us mothers are! I am the eternal optimistic pessimist (I am positive that the worst WILL happen!). I need the Lord to help my heart believe what my mind knows!

Oh God, give me a sure foundation that is based on Your Word. Fill me from the inside out! Make my roof strong so that it can withstand the storms and anything that would threaten to cave it in! I need the Master Builder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Casting Crowns song. The song is beautiful overall but it is the lyrics that tear at my heart!

Darlene said...

Psalm 27:1 was one of my dad's favorite verses, so that last line really tugs at my heart too!

Whom shall I fear?
I am yours!