Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rattlesnake in the Dark!


Oh, I am having to post this one again. It didn't post the first time. I remember now how frustrating this computer is!

Well, anyway, about 9 p.m. tonight I heard gunshots but didn't know what was happening in the neighborhood. As it turns out, our neighbor saw a rustling in the yard (but heard no rattle) and ended up shooting a snake. When they found out it was a rattlesnake, they thought it was a good idea to come over and show it to the kids as a warning of what to watch for in the dark. I didn't think snakes would be awake at night, so I learned something. But I guess there are rabbits, frogs, and other kinds of prey out at night for them to catch. It was pretty sobering to see him.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never did we think that our daughter would be outdone by anybody. But Rebekah's story came very closer. All you in Texas land, watch out for snakes and goats. We love you.

Mom and Richard