Friday, December 19, 2008

Little John is here!

For those of you that didn't get the details:

John Boucher Benoit
(Boucher [pronounced boo-shay] is Jim's mom's maiden name - keeping with the French theme, I guess!)
Born on 12-17-2008
8:58 a.m.
9 lbs. 10 ozs.
20 1/2 inches long



Isn't this the cutest little baby!

We discovered that John really likes music. When he was crying, if you brought him into the room where music was playing, he would stop crying and just listen. It is so cute. For our family devotions, we just got done using a book with Christmas hymns on CD that my mom sent to us done by Joni Eareckson Tada. We recently sang "Silent Night" and it was so touching, I just started crying. There was little baby John (I know he is not Jesus!), and we are singing the words, "Silent night, holy night, Son of God, love's pure light, Radiant beams from Thy holy face, wwih the dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus, Lord at Thy birth.". All I could think of was how sorry I was feeling for myself that day, and here God sent down His Son to earth for me! He lowered himself from heaven and came to earth as a little baby. How humbling that was to me that night.



This picture was taken the night we were getting ready to leave the hospital.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see and actually hold little John when we get back there in the US :) Don't forget to post his pictures...I'm sure he's a "cutie". We are having a blast here but we sure miss you guys!

mere said...

I saw the pics on Rebekah's blog...Oooooh he is soooo adorable!!!
Congratulations! Good Job, Mama!

Love,
Meredith

Paul said...

AWW!

Ginny said...

Precious pictures! I'm so glad that Katherine told me that you have a blog!