Monday, January 23, 2012

There are some stories that you just have to write about before you forget about them, and this is one of them.

We just got a new puppy on Thursday, January 19th, and of course, we are working on potty training him. He's doing really well and I have learned that he does a lot of his business after he eats. So, I fed him, and I am outside waiting for him. He went pee and I am waiting for the poop part. Sorry to be so graphic but it pertains to the story! Well, Tom brings me the phone in the backyard to talk to my mom who is in the hospital, but he forgets to shut the back door. While I am engrossed in a conversation with my mom, the puppy went in the house and pooped right inside the door on the tile. I finished talking to my mom, went to find the puppy, and see that he has pooped in the house. So, I clean that up and take the puppy in the backyard, and discover John is in the backyard, has taken his pants and underwear off, and he is pooping in the backyard!

"Wait a minute," I am thinking, "something is messed up here! My dog is pooping in the house, and my 3 yos is pooping in the yard!" And I thought I was DONE potty training, but not quite. I started potty training John on 5-21-2011 (I don't know why that date is so engrained in my mind!) and this day is 1-23-1012. Up until a few weeks ago, we were still setting an alarm and taking him to the bathroom, so at least he is finally taking the initiative to go to the bathroom on his own. I just never invisioned this scenario!

No comments: